понедељак, 27. април 2015.

Faith  Featured

Jesus our “Lion”

Jesus.beautiful-Lion_of_Judah_19
Written by Kelly Hagen
Written by Kelly Hagan
I asked my kiddos this question the other day, and these are the answers they gave me:What is thefirst thing that comes to your mind when you think of a lion?
-         strong
-         protector
So then I asked them why they think Jesus is called “The Lion of the Tribe of Judah”? Their response
-         because he’s strong
-         because he protects
“And how does that make you feel”
-         safe
These two, what may seem like very simply answers, are in fact so much more than that. Teaching, guiding, and helping our children to learn what these words mean and how they connect to Christ is a pretty awesome thing!
1. We get our “strength” from/through Jesus. Now, I’m not so much talking about physical strength here (although he helps in that area too) as I am mental, emotional, and spiritual. Look what God’s word says in 1 Timothy chapter 1:
I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength, that he considered me trustworthy, appointing me to his service.
And in Exodus chapter 15:
“The Lord is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him, my father’s God, and I will exalt him.
strength
Helping our children to know that Jesus gives us the strength we need to get through the things life will bring our way however good, bad, or upsetting they may be, is important. How do we do that? By living, and modeling what we know. We as adults are faced with a lot of unknowns’ everyday. How we handle those, even the little things make a big impact, not only on our life, but on our children’s lives as well. They learn from us, they watch and listen!  I can’t stress enough!  Don’t be afraid to let your children see you praying/asking for God’s help and strength. That’s a great heritage to pass on!
2. Look what it says about protection in Psalm chapter 5:
But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them that those who love your name may rejoice in you.
coveringwing
When we take refuge in God we get His protection. It can come in many different ways. Maybe a long red light is keeping you from an accident? Who knows how God covers us, because frankly we can’t see into the future, but we can rest assure He is always with us and protects us. Jesus is our strong, protective “Lion”!

Нема коментара:

Постави коментар